Saturday, April 23, 2011

Slow motion

Not every course runs exactly as planned. You can dot each and every I and cross every single T, and still end up clutching your head in a bewildered state, wondering why Mother Nature has thrown you such an incredible curve ball. Inclement weather at Pyramid Lake usually dictates dazzling success in fish counts and size. But not this time. Thankfully, I had with me my secret weapon. My watermelon beetle saved the day on what would have otherwise been a trip smothered in the stench of skunk, a stench that many without the fly had walked away retching from.


I hit the road after a quick stop to talk to Rick, pick up my raffle winnings, and a new Rio T-11 line from the  go-to fly shop in the Sacramento Valley.






















Dan Gomez, what a slayer.....




Danigirl is fishy too....



























Thanks for looking.








No comments:

Post a Comment