Monday, January 10, 2011

Time for metal.

Its that time again. The air is crisp and the ground is laden with frost, that can only mean one thing....steelhead season is upon us once again.


I strayed from the comfort of my river for a time, lost myself a bit in a blind confusion not branded in logic but in emotion. I learned a few things in the process though, attended a great college and figured out more about myself and the decisions that I make in relation to others.


Seeing the mighty American River and wading in her cold rushing depths brought back a flood of emotion that validated for me the fact that I had made the right decision in coming back to enjoy her icy embrace. Just the sight of her increases my level of wellness ten fold. I love nothing more than hunting every species of fish that reside there.


She met me this morning veiled in a beautiful shroud of mist.



The temperature was a balmy twenty eight degrees.






I hooked two gorgeous fish today, both were smart enough and tenacious enough to avoid seeing the net. I think that is the allure of the steelhead for me. The battle within these fish is more than enough to earn any mans respect, and their dime bright beauty takes the breath from my chest.






Thanks for looking.

1 comment: