Monday, January 17, 2011

The elements.

I spent the entire day yesterday absorbing the winter sun. I breathed in fresh mountain air, and my senses were tantalized by the sweet smells of pine, manzanita, and sage. I fly fished a legendary California river with the most stunning mountain backdrops that this state has to offer, and I spent this time solidifying a bond with a great friend and confidant.


I hooked and lost the trout of a lifetime on a stone fly nymph, an absolutely beautiful fish with incredible colors consisting of blue and purple hues and an accent of burgundy, like the shade of wine. Better to have hooked and lost, than to never have hooked at all. 


What more can a person ask for?


You can keep your fancy restaurants, your nightclubs, your smart phones, all of your technology, and your rat race to attain wealth.


That my friend is not living.


This is living.


























Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment