Monday, September 17, 2012

Swimbait

  I got a chance to hit the salt again for tuna, they are close this year, and they are hungry. This trip we ended up with 28, with my biggest going somewhere around 24 pounds. Lots of quad hook ups and sheer pandemonium on the deck and of course, blood and carnage everywhere.

  The crew loved to troll, and the Captain swore up and down that I would not get to use the swim bait rod on this day. On a stop with a quad I proved them all wrong by casting to my fish and hanging a hot bullet on the slide that put my chest to the rail three times. Guys who troll or dunk bait will never understand that ultimately the "tug is the drug" and as far as I am concerned, that one fish is the only one out of 28 that has burned itself into my memory. After landing the fish I got mildly chastised for holding up everyone from trolling back over the pod, I just smiled to myself and played off an apology as if I didnt know otherwise....and had never fished before haha. Like I always say "I just look like this."

 We had an excellent time, the crew was great, and lots of tuna sacrificed there lives to my Kerr jars.



                                                         




                                                                         

                                                                     



No comments:

Post a Comment